Chicken & Veggies Rice Dog Treats
Our pup Rocky has his fair share of allergies and tummy problems aside from taking thyroid medication. So as you can imagine we try and go above and beyond to make sure he is happy and comfortable. We did notice that the medication has been making him a little bit more hungry than usual and so I started giving him his usual favorite Bark4Green Pizza Bites
and felt that wasn't enough ( they are low in calorie, which are great for what they are made for, training purposes or 'On-The-Go'). Rocky needed something with more calories so I decided to throw in a couple of his favorite ingredients in a bowl, which were simple clean and healthy; brown rice, shredded chicken, green peas and carrots, mixed them up to make mini muffin bite sized protein packed snacks. We always like to have plain shredded chicken in the fridge, (if you would like the recipe, click here!) aside from the shredded chicken, I cooked up the brown rice- which I buy the organic bag from Whole Foods
, and a frozen bag of mixed peas and carrots, also from Whole Foods. Toss the ingredients in a large bowl along with the flour and egg and spoon into mini muffin cups, bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Lets just say Rocky LOVES his protein bites ;)
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Your fur -baby will love these DIY chicken & veggies rice dog treats that resemble mini muffins!
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 3 Tablespoons rice flour
- 1/2 cup cooked green peas (I used the mixed green peas and shredded carrots frozen veggie bag)
- 1/2 cup cooked shredded carrots
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, diced
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and stir until well incorporated.
- Using a spoon, press mixture into each cavity, packing tight and filling nearly to the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until top begins to turn golden brown.
- Let cool completely before serving.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days (or freeze)